For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Deanne, and I am the owner of Darling Found. I have a huge passion for weddings and for self-improvement. I love meeting new people and helping other wedding professionals grow their businesses. One thing I’d like to tell people about the wedding industry is that it isn’t all sparkles and rainbows. There’s a lot of work involved with weddings and it makes it so much more worth it!
As a way of getting to know me better, I’m sharing 20 things you may not have known about yours truly. Woo! Let’s go:
- Bridesmaids is one of those movies I can watch over and over and still laugh at all the jokes.
- Settlers of Catan is a game that my fiancé and I play often with our friends. We get pretty competitive…
- My favorite vacation I’ve ever taken was when I went on a cruise in high school with my best friend Ashley. We were such goof balls and had an absolute blast in the caribbean.
- I’ve never broken a bone in my entire life. Knock on wood.
- My favorite food is pasta. All kinds. I don’t discriminate.
- The only sport I ever played in school was volleyball in middle school. I ended up getting a trophy for “Most Improved” and I’ve never received a trophy again after that.
- I love watching Netflix. Right now, I’m re-watching Revenge. My favorite shows of all time are Scandal, Parenthood, and Gossip Girl. Gotta love Blair!
- I recently read The Magnolia Story, and it was the first book in 8 years that I’ve finished. I love reading, but I get distracted so easily.
- My fiancé and I met three and a half years ago. We dated long distance for two of those years.
- I am originally from Torrance, California. I lived there for 10 years.
- My favorite colors are white, cream, and gold. Big shocker.
- I am addicted to avocados.
- I received my degree at the University of Arizona for Family Studies and Human Development, because I believed I wanted to be a Marriage and Family Therapist.
- My go-to cocktail is a mojito. Lately, I’ve been trying whiskey drinks though.
- In college, my best friend, Sara, and I started a business making signs for weddings and for home decor. We called our business Modern Misses.
- My favorite band of ALL time is Kings of Leon.
- I went to high school in Indiana, and it is where I’ve met some of my best friends.
- I love gardening, but I’m not very good at it. Right now, I’m growing mint, basil, and chili peppers.
- Darling Found’s name came to me when I was trying to use my initials to inspire me for a business name. I thought of a word that started with D, and then I thought of a word that started with F. That combination was the first two words I thought of.
- My Starbucks drink is pretty long. My sister introduced it to me, and it’s been my go-to. Venti Black Tea with Coconut Milk and Three Scoops of Vanilla Bean Powder…Unsweetened.
My best friend, Ashley, and I at Atlantis in the Bahamas.
Graduating from the University of Arizona.
Sara and I selling signs at the Believe Boutique for our business, Modern Misses.
Taking graduation pictures with some of my friends in Indiana.
I hope you enjoyed learning more about me!
Special Thanks: Sharom Rosas Photography for the first image of me at the top! Love her!